Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 10th - Arthur, the Tick's sidekick

Arthur, the Tick's Sidekick

action figure by Bandai

The Tick was a brilliant comic and brilliant animated series spoofing the superhero genre. Too brilliant, as it only lasted 36 episodes. I think most of them are on dvd now. Get them, and watch them, and laugh! DO IT!!! Anyway, Arthur is the Tick's moth-suited sidekick, accountant, and roommate. In the first run of episodes he was voiced by Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees. I liked Mickey's Arthur better than the generic voice actor they got to replace him. Guess he was too busy not Monkeeing around anymore to be bothered to do more than one season.

3 comments:

  1. You should have kept going with this idea! Try again another time, you were having a good run.

    I'm from http://www.whatsyourobsession.com and I was looking around for people that did something like this, just to see if anyone did. Anywho, neat idea for a site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, stopped doing the blog when I moved from Chicago to Springfield, MO and never got back into it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look's nice, I just got a science product - a microscope for my son from School Surplus!!
    I think educational supplies for kids help them improve as they grow.

    ReplyDelete